Thursday, March 1, 2018

[Fix] TexStudio will not compile bibtex files

Written by Pranshu Bajpai |  | LinkedIn

If have been running into this issue a lot lately as I write more and more research papers in LaTeX. I have fixed it in the past but it has come to the point where I need to make a journal entry here so I can come back and look at the procedure. I hope it helps other potential readers as well.

Problem: I have a .bib file placed in the same directory as my .tex file and it compiles bibliography just fine. However, at a certain point it will just stop compiling bibliography and either I won't be able to find one particular citation or all of them. In the document, citations appear as [?].

Things to try: Go to 'Tools' and 'Clean Auxiliary Files' then compile the document again. It may or may not work.

Solution: I discovered that cleaning auxiliary files, then going to 'Tools' and clicking Bibliography (F8) to generate bibliography again and then compiling the document again (F6) works and brings all your citations back into the document.

No comments:

Post a Comment